Honestly eating healthy is a #struggle, especially on a road trip where every convenience store is packed full of junk. SO, I thought I would share my healthy road trip snacks that are sure to satisfy any snack craving!
Sweet & Salty
Peanut butter and apple slices s such a great combination for a sweet and salty snack! This one takes a little preparation and a little cooler with ice BUT it will leave you feeling guilt-free!! Slice the apples and put them in ziplock bags in the cooler. Then pack the Jif To Go Peanut Butter packets found at your local supermarket! The great thing about the to go version is that the portion is already done for you, and the to go packs are available in Reduced Fat and Crunchy Jif Peanut Butter options!
- Beef Jerky is a great source of protein and it comes in lots of yummy flavors. The greatest thing about it is this isn’t something you have to pre-pack, you can pick it up during your trip at a convenience store! (My favorite brand is Krave)
- Starkist Tuna Lunch Kit: Only 200 calories and it has all the essentials that you need for a quick protein packed snack or a lunch on the go. The downside is that tuna will make a fishy smell linger in the car but if it is a nice day outside then just roll down the window to decrease the smell!
- Nuts are one of my favorite snacks of all time. They also make great travel snacks because you can get them in resealable cans or individually packaged. This is another snack that doesn’t require any preparation or packing because you are able to pick them up during your trip!
- Harvest Snaps, similar to veggie straws these Harvest Snaps come in all kinds of flavors (my favorite is the cracked pepper) Beware though because these little suckers are highly addicting and you’ll eat the whole bag before you know it!
- Skinny Pop Popcorn is the healthy alternative to the buttered movie theater popcorn we all know and love. Being GMO-free and not being full of the added calories from butter and what not, make it much more healthy and won’t leave you with a tummy ache in the car after you eat it!
- Yogurt is my go to when it comes to having a sweet tooth. I have a stomach disease that keeps me from eating a whole pint of ice cream so I normally just curb my sweet tooth with some flavored yogurt. My go to yogurt is greek yogurt and I love the Oikos Triple Zero line! This is also a great option for an on the go breakfast!
- Smoothies and Juices are a great way to get your veggies and fruits for the day if you are traveling and eating junk all day long! Naked juices are a great option, but sometimes they have an excessive amount of sugar so watch out for that! Evolution – available at Whole Foods is another great option for juices and smoothies.
- Granola bars are my guilty pleasure. You can get the sweet side and have a crunch to it too! I like a more subtle sweet that is not super overpowering so I normally aim for the dried fruit chewy bars and what not! Annie’s is a great option if you are looking to stay all organic!
I hope this helped everyone with their upcoming travels and maintaining the Spring Break bods that you have been working so hard on lately! Have healthy snacks suggestions for the road? Leave them in the comments below I would love to try them!